Sunday, November 22, 2009

Cane O'La

This is long overdue, I have always been a big fan of sugarcane juice, started first with Janata stall near Majestic bus stand, during my college days, we would walk from UVCE to Majestic and it was on our way, priced at Rs 5 only!!! The place is still very popular, people may say it is 'unhygienic', I believe that only adds to the appeal!

Ever since I started playing tennis, sugar cane juice at Cane O'La has become very popular as an after game drink., compared to the aerated drinks, this is a wonderfully refreshing natural drink that also is easy on your pocket. One glass of the most hygienic sugar cane I have ever seen(that can ever be) costs Rs 10 which is a steal.

There are several flavors, natural, salt and pepper, chaat masala, lemon, ginger, garlic and I have tried all of them except garlic. My all time favourite is lemon, least favourite is ginger. Somehow the thought of garlic in sugar cane juice is a thing I have not been able to come to terms with!

The pop corn available there is also very good, since I dont go to the movies much, pop corn was non existent in my list of things to eat, since we play during weekends, grabbing pop corn and watching premier league on ESPN-Star has become a regular weekend feature. A bag of pop corn costs Rs 10.

Chikki of various types is available there as well, am yet to try this.

Locations: All over Bangalore, atleast south Bangalore has lots of outlets.

No comments:

Post a Comment