Saturday, January 9, 2010

Higher Taste

When I was offered chakli, kodbale and nippattu at Sesha's place which he very highly rated, I was eager and curious to see what it was about them that Sesha was praising them so much. These were bought from Higher Taste, the ISKCON shop in Jayanagar 4th Block.

These are really great, the moment I tasted them, I was hooked! The nippattu and small kodbale were particularly good., the difference with all other equally wonderful nippattu and kodbale was that the color was greenish, they had probably added ground green chillis to it, it gave a nice spicy kick to the whole thing!

Samsoa chaat, etc is supposedly good as well. I had chaats at Bangalore ISKCON, and they were really good...dont know how they had substituted the non-saatvic ingredients so well...
Pastries supposedly are very delicious..each costing upwards of Rs 45 per piece. And the added attraction for lot of people is that all the food there is strictly saatvic! It does not matter to me personally...but there are people who are fussy about such things, and for them, it is a God-send.

I need to go and check out the place myself, but my first impression of eating the kodbale and nippattu has been so good that I want to go see the place asap. I have been warned that it is really expensive, but then my logic is that if you are ready to pay Rs 80 for a coke at a movie, how can you crib about paying for any 'real' food item?

No comments:

Post a Comment