Friday, December 4, 2009

Ivy - The Unwind Island

Last tuesday, I visited Ivy, the restaurant in the Unwind Island, a mini resort/spa kind of a place on outer ring road, it is right opposite to the Prestige Tech Park in between Marathahalli and Sarjapura. We had some visitors over, and though I had had lunch, I had to go with them, and I readily did since it was a good opportunity to see whats on offer there.

The ambiance inside is quite nice and different, they have a nice waterfall, a bar under a gazebo which looks as if its on the beach and the restaurant itself is on the first floor. I exactly am not sure what facilities are available here, I have heard that the rooms etc are good.

They have a buffet in the afternoons on working days (priced 250+taxes, Mon-Thu, a bit more on fridays. The variety in the buffet was not the greatest, I did not eat as I mentioned earlier, but I did go around to see whats on the table and also suggest 'non spicy' dishes to our visitors. Among the lot, desserts looked good (this was like window shopping, window eating if you can call it that :-)

Since it would be awkward if we did not eat at all, we ordered a non-alcoholic drink and starters. The starter was the venerable vegetable platter, which was very good. The usual stuff, Paneer tikka, Tandoori Gobi, Veg Sheekh Kabab etc had marked their presence. The downside was that I later learnt that this cost an atrocious Rs 400!!! This is way out of sync with reality, I mean, the ambiance, nice as it is, is not that great. I would prefer Jalsa anyday to this place for the sheer quality of the food, it is just as expensive or even a tad cheaper, and I feel is better value for money.
(Speaking of which, I visited Jalsa again, and my admiration for the place has only increased. Fantastic ambiance, great service, limited but very high quality menu are its strengths, Bhutta Palak Methi and Dal Makhni are must-haves there).

To summarize, it was a very short visit to Ivy, and I will definitely visit the place to give a fairer opinion, but the prices there certainly will be deterrence for me.

2 comments: